Product Owner of Data Platform - Santander Digital Services
In Global T&O, we are looking for the Product Owner of Data Platform for Europe to join our global team in Madrid.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY : Santander One Transformation aims to have a single and open Platform for the entire Santander group, based on:
- a shared technological underlying platform, with common standards and connectors, that will enable the easy addition of IT business solutions (Retail, Commercial, Cards, Global Units and Business, Payments,)
- a set of service components for the different layers of the Group's e2e business model (Channels, CRM, Processes, etc ) that can be easily integrated into the common platform and shared (reused) among entities, enabling the standardization of our service models and delivering synergies and added value to the entities and the Group as a whole.
In this dynamic landscape, we are actively constructing the Group's Data Platform while formulating an operational model that fosters a holistic perspective of data. Our strategic endeavour is centred around the development of an avant-garde Technological Platform that enables a seamless and integrated treatment of data across the entire group, guaranteeing swift, user-friendly, secure, and efficient accessibility. This platform will facilitate the entire data lifecycle, encompassing data generation, processing, and consumption, underpinned by a standardized technology stack across all entities. Leveraging high-level automation, it will elevate data delivery and consumption, while concurrently offering comprehensive global data product catalogues to optimize data utilization. Ultimately, our unwavering focus is to optimize the data consumption experience for our valued end users.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING : As Product Owner of Data Platform for Europe your responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate and support the Global Product Owner in the short and long-term strategy, vision, and roadmap, with ownership of critical features, operational and financial model, and the customer experience.
- Partner closely with engineering, design, delivery, operations, finance, and executive teams to set strategy, define and prioritize features. And drive Technical Data Platform continuous improvement, identifying new ways of work, and making it more agile and secure.
- Bridge technical and business worlds engaging with multi background teams including engineering, design, delivery, operations, legal, risk and compliance. You must drive internal stakeholder and partner engagement needed for the on-time launch of Technical Data Platform
- Efficiently manage and lead global projects with localized execution.
We need someone like you to :
- Successfully provide the strategic leadership in the development, E2E implementation and delivery of the Technical Data Platform across the Europe's entities and businesses.
- Foster close collaboration with the Global Product Owner and stakeholders to effectively convey the vision, strategy, and roadmaps of the Technical Data Platform in Europe, ensuring their alignment with Santander's overarching strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Architecture lead to establish the platform's architecture in accordance with the Group's comprehensive data strategy.
- Represent the internal customers to provide prioritization, ensuring alignment with Technical Data Platform objectives & strategies.
- Measure and report on the value provided by Technical Data Platform and share regular updates to stakeholders on priority, delivery, and adoption.
- Be the primary contributor to the overall people strategy for Technical Data Platform. Enhance a culture of coaching, development, and continuous learning, to ensure the capability and effectiveness of the team.
- Take financial, HR and organization decisions according to the Santander framework.
- Contribute to cross functional performance management process.
- Manage Service level
- Significant and demonstrable experience as a CIO/CTO (or similar technical experience in E2E implementations of complex and international projects). Desired experience in designing, managing, evolving and enhancing platforms
- Well versed in financial services with at least 10+ years of relevant experience working in a global banking or similar environment. Senior role in any of the group’s local entities will be an asset.
- Proven success stories in creating, inspiring and leading engaged, motivated, and high-performance teams to successful deliver.
- Demonstrable foundational knowledge in project management best practices is a must; experience in scrum and/or Kanban processes and protocols are a plus.
- Experience in successfully, respectfully, and logically negotiating with stakeholders.
- Ability to balance competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk and quality; combined with ability to manage several project