SCIB Environmental, Social and Climate Change Risk Analyst
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander CIB is looking for an Environmental, Social and Climate Change Risk Analyst, based in our Boadilla del Monte office.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Santander Corporate & Investment Banking (Santander CIB) is Santander's global division that supports some of the world's most complex and sophisticated corporate and institutional clients, offering customized services and value-added wholesale products to best meet their needs.
We embrace a strong risk culture and all of our professionals at all levels are expected to take a proactive and responsible approach toward risk management.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As an Environmental, Social and Climate Change Risk Analyst, you will perform environmental, social and climate change risk assessments of SCIB clients and transactions and participate in projects aiming to support new ESG business initiatives, and/or further embed these risks in existing risk management practices.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Assessment of clients operating in sensitive sectors, in coordination with the local analysts and bankers. Including assessment of their climate transition plans
- Assessment of eligible sustainable finance transactions from an environmental, social and climate change risk perspective
- Assessment of transactions under the scope of Equator Principles IV, in coordination with front office and Export Credit Agencies and Multilateral Institutions
- Client engagement on environmental, social and climate change risk matters
- Participation in internal projects to develop the function
- Participation in industry-wide initiatives/working groups (e.g., NZBA)
- 1-2 years of experience in an environmental and social risk-related position or traineeship, or in another kind of position or traineeship related to ESG or sustainability.
- Bachelor/MSc in Environmental Science; Geology; Biology; Agricultural, Chemical or Industrial Engineering. Business Administration or other ESG-linked educational backgrounds could be also considered.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Basic understanding of environmental, social and climate change factors and their associated risks
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- English, Spanish. Knowledge of a third language will be positively valued
- International working/academic experiences will be also positively valued
- Willigness to travel if required
- If you want to know more about us, follow us on: _